Seeking: Community Connector (Arts and Culture), serving the community of Levenshulme.
Levenshulme Old Library CIO has received funding from the Architectural Heritage Fund (AHF), to employ a suitably experienced community connector under a Covid Recovery Programme.
Covid19 has resulted in significant changes for building users, tenants and hosted activity. We require an experienced community connector to work with us to:
- Understand the diverse needs and aspirations of our community
- Identify the arts and culture related activity (in its widest sense) that might meet those needs and respond to the impact of Covid19 in our local community.
- Gather feedback from existing user groups and work with permanent staff team to develop the Levenshulme Old Library offer/building users
- Share this learning to support the Business Consultant and Trustees to develop funding applications and our business plan to better serve our community.
You will be supported by staff and trustees of LOLCIO, to plan, report and undertake this work in a focused way to achieve the wider organisational objectives. Due to the need to maintain Covid safe working, much of your time will be desk based, though we hope you will be able to engage directly with the community during the project.
The work will be delivered flexibly over Spring and Summer of 2021. We are offering a self employed role, expected to work out at around one day a week over 15 weeks on this project. Rather than how many hours you spend, we are most interested in what you discover and your ability to connect widely within our community.
How to apply
- We are inviting Expressions of Interest from suitably experienced locally based individuals, preferably with an existing background in the Arts and Culture, Heritage or Community sectors.
- Please submit your CV, plus a brief (1 page) statement, including relevant previous experience and how you would approach this role (including your availability and proposed timescales), listing two referees we may approach at a later stage.
- NB: As this is a self employed role you will be responsible for your own tax and NI payments.
- We will shortlist 3 applicants to complete a more detailed proposal and Zoom interview.
If you are interested in this role you must apply by 9.00am on Monday 3rd May 2021
For more information and where to send your application please download the full details