We are taking over Levenshulme’s Carnegie Library, on Cromwell Grove, and transforming it into an arts, community and culture centre for the communities of Levenshulme and the surrounding areas.
To find out more about what’s going on, read some highlights below, see our News and Events pages, or our Twitter feed below.
We’re expanding our team here at the Old Library Building.
We are looking for a Finance and Operations manager on a part time basis to help us run the building.
If you are interested please see the full job advert here
Closing date 1st October 2018
Open Door Community Celebration.
Find out about our first public event at Levenshulme Old Library
The Levenshulme Old Library team were delighted, finally, to be able to open the doors of the old library to you, our surrounding community.
Keys to the building
At 1030 hrs on 22nd January 2018, following three years of campaigning, planning, community self-organising and cooperative working, Levenshulme Old Library Charitable Incorporated Organisation signed a lease agreement with Manchester City Council.
Congratulations and well done to everybody in Levenshulme that’s supported the take over project and got it to this point, you now have an art centre.
A community led future for Levenshulme’s Old Library building
Levenshulme Old Library CIO has a vision. We want to create:
- A community centre that all sections of the community can use
- A home for arts and cultural activities
- A home for performance, music and events that celebrate our community
- A Youth friendly Space
- A home for learning and growing, where individuals can improve their lives
- A home for groups: Offices, meeting spaces, resources etc
- A building that pays its way whilst benefiting the aims above (such as through pop up cafés, exhibitions, a party venue and place for celebration)
Sign up for our e-bulletin to find out the latest news!
We are a registered Charitable Incorporated Organisation.
Charity No: 1165870