Levenshulme Old Library CIO is a registered charitable incorporated organisation set up in 2016 to carry forward our vision for a vibrant arts and culture centre.
Levenshulme Old Library CIO has a vision. We want to create:
A community led future for Levenshulme’s Old Library building
- A community centre that all sections of the community can use
- A home for arts and cultural activities
- A home for performance, music and events that celebrate our community
- A Youth friendly Space
- A home for learning and growing, where individuals can improve their lives
- A home for groups: Offices, meeting spaces, resources etc
- A building that pays its way whilst benefiting the aims above (such as through pop up cafés, exhibitions, a party venue and place for celebration)
In January 2018 we re-opened the old Carnegie library building, situated in the heart of our community. We’re taking over day to day responsibility for the building from Manchester City Council through their Asset Transfer Process and are turning into a centre for arts and culture for all our community and beyond. Long term tenants include All FM96.9 community radio, the Levenshulme Youth Forum and the Owl and Coconut mindful art centre.
Other groups, covering a wide range of arts and cultural activities are welcome to share the space. To find out what’s on go to our events page, and to enquire about using the Old Library go to our Hire page.
Check out our contact page for how to get in touch.
Or sign up for our email list at http://eepurl.com/byotNL
View and download the LoL Group CIO Constitution.
Charity Number: 1165870