Job Description: Trustee Administrator
8 hours per calendar month; starting July 2022
We are recruiting an Administrator to assist and support the work of the Board of Trustees at Levenshulme Old Library. This role is for 8 hours per calendar month, starting from July 2022. The post is offered for an initial 12 months.
The role will include preparing agendas, reports and minutes, maintaining contact information, attending LOLCIO meetings and providing similar administrative support to the Trustees of Levenshulme Old Library CIO. The post will require monthly evening availability (currently third Thursday). You will need to work closely and flexibly with other paid LOLCIO staff to assist the Trustees in their oversight of the organisation.
Description of main tasks
Develop and support LOL trustees in their role
60% daytime, 40% evening work (flexible from month to month)
- Support LOL trustees by providing secretarial and administrative services:
- Liaising with Trustees in order to arrange Trustee meetings and subcommittees
- Support LOLCIO officers and trustees in planning meetings and circulating agendas, minutes and reports.
- Attend and keep minutes for all Trustee meetings and keep accurate records of other governance activities.
- Additional duties:
- Support trustees in complying with their legal duties (such as ensuring policies are reviewed.)
- Assist with preparing written materials required for updating our website with relevant Trustee related information and notices.
- Support the arrangement of training for trustees and staff.
Line management will be provided primarily by Claire Sharples, Chair of LOLCIO, with the support of the Operations and Finance Manager. Reporting (time management) will be provided through completing time/activity reports based on an excel spreadsheet, in an agreed format.
This flexible role can either be on PAYE or by self employment, as agreed between LOL trustees and the post holder. Rates of pay will be in line with at least the Manchester Real Living Wage (currently £9.50 per hour).
To apply please email your CV to email@example.com by Monday 27th June.